- Pros: Closer to many employers. Walking distance to theaters, restaurants, schools. Many period homes offer more distinctiveness in styles.
- Cons: Often noisier. Higher crime rates. More expensive.
Suburbs or Country
- Pros: Generally less expensive. Often newer. Tract homes are conforming. More home for the money.
- Cons: More time in traffic if driving to town for work. Further away from entertainment options cities offer.
- Pros: Often homes on streets with more traffic are thousands of dollars cheaper. If noise doesn’t bother you, don’t pass up homes on busy streets. Drive by at different times of the day / week to ascertain noise levels.
- Cons: These types of homes will always sell for less than others in the same area. If bedrooms are located near the front of the home, sleep may be disturbed.
Cul de sac
- Pros: Number one choice of buyers with children.
- Cons: Less privacy, neighbors know more about you.
- Pros: Often larger lots. Fewer neighbors. More visibility.
- Cons: More traffic noise. More vulnerable to vehicles jumping the curb. Kids might trespass at the corner. More sidewalk to shovel in winter.