- School districts.
- Special amenities such as fireplaces, pools or spas.
- Condition of plumbing, electrical, heating & cooling units.
- Available utilities such as cable or DSL, satellite.
- Sewer, cesspool or septic connections.
- Fixers. If you’re handy with tools, you might save a lot of money.
- Finally, Negotiate the Offer
- Buyers sometimes make the mistake of comparing the sales price of a home to other homes they have seen. It’s a mistake to compare sales prices among homes for sale. That’s because sellers can ask any price they want. It doesn’t mean the home will sell at that price.
An agent can provide comparable sales and examine the pending sales. Comparable sales are similar type homes in the same condition and location that have sold within the past 3 months. Pending sales will become the comparable sales by the time your home closes.
You may need to pay over list price in a seller’s market, especially if many buyers are vying for the same inventory. Your agent can give you a reasonable price range and help to manage your expectations. A good buyer’s agent knows there is always more to an offer than its price, but price is paramount.
If you are ready to buy a home, call Artisan Real Estate Group today for your FREE consultation on buying a home in Arizona.